Monday, July 03, 2006

What a weekend... Part II

On the second day of the weekend (that would be Sunday), K&N took me to a really nice park. I believe it was called Meadowood, or something. Anyway, the park was really open and big, and there were lots of people and their dogs there too.

There is a small bridge overlooking a tiny stream before you enter. It's really quite cool, and I mean that literally. There was a nice breeze in that spot (and lots of shade). And boy did I need that!

I wouldn't be exaggerating to say that it was 100 degrees outside. I haven't felt heat like that in a long time. The worst part was that since the park was such a wide open space, shade was few and far between. Don't get me wrong, though. I was having fun.

Can't you tell?


There was a track that circled a field. That's the one we walked on. I think it's the same distance as walking a mile. There's even a "start" and "finish" line for people who want to race.

We may not have been racing, but I definitely crossed the finish line before KC! Loser!



There may not have been a lot of shade, but we did manage to find a pretty big tree to sit under for a while. Natchan even brushed me again! That woman sure loves to brush me. Not that I'm complaining. Getting brushed, she's able to reach places I can't with my paws. Don't we look good together?



All in all, it was a fun time. It was the first time I'd ever been to a park that big. If it weren't so hot, I could have run around even more. Maybe next time.

So after a few weeks, it isn't so bad living in Maryland. I get to do and see a lot of things. This past weekend was really an adventure, and I wonder what else K&N have in store for me. As for Fourth of July weekends, this was the best way to celebrate (minus fireworks, which I hate). I hope everyone else has a happy Fourth of July!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home